We also suggest you read the important information about Prenuptial Agreement that it may secure benefit of both parities from here.Prenuptial agreement thailand
Marriage Registration in Thailand
Marriage Registration in Thailand is a specialized area of law that require specific expertise from your legal team and it sometime need the connection with the officer to speed up the process.
This is something we do every day at Siam Attorney. We understand Marriage Registration in Thailand and know exactly how to apply the law to your specific case, to achieve the best outcome for you in the shortest possible time.
Not only do we take care of all the paperwork associated with marriage registration but also make sure all the legal formalities are followed.
We will assist you through the entire process, from the affidavit of freedom to marry, to translation and certification at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Thailand Marriage is as simple as cooking a rice using a rice cooker, but whether you are marrying a Thai local or another foreigner, we can make sure that your marriage is registered legally.
Marriage in Thailand is maybe quite different from the mainstream type of marriage amongst the other Asian country.
As Thailand is not that strict and particular with Marriage Registration, it can also be another option to tie the knot.
A lot of foreigners are considering to register marriage in Thailand as it is much convenient and there’s not a lot of restriction and provisions.
Table of Contents:1. Process of Marriage Registration in Thailand. 2. Marriage Procedures for Foreigners. 3. What can Siam Attorney do for you?
1. Process of Marriage Registration in Thailand.
At Siam Attorney we are experts in Marriage Registration matters. We understand the intricacies of all aspects of requirement and how to get the best possible outcome and make it easy for you.
Thailand is a popular location for destination weddings, we can accommodate you if you are going to Register Marriage in Bangkok or Register Marriage in Phuket, our Family Law Lawyer can assist you wherever you are.
Even if you are on a quick tour of the country, you can opt for Siam Attorney to register your marriage and we will take care of all the aspects of the process.
Marriage Registration in Thailand can be a breeze if you are well aware of the requirements and the process involved.
It would be best to engage the services of a reputable Thai law firm who can help you secure all the necessary paperwork for your marriage and that’s our goal at Siam Attorney.
Foreigners who want to get married in Thailand must first obtain clearance from their respective embassies.
Some embassies in Thailand may require you to get your Single Certificate first from your home country prior to your arrival in Thailand.
They will then certify this for the marriage registration, but do not worry because we are here to help you and assist you will everything to make the process smooth.
Foreigners consider the venue and the country’s vast natural beauty as well.
Marriage in Phuket, Marriage in Pattaya, Marriage in Chiang Mai and other provinces in Thailand is considered a dream come true for a significant number of farangs as it is not just convenient when it comes to ruling and registration process.
And another way to get a visa which is namely the Marriage Visa in Thailand, considering marriage in Thai is but another way to experience the grandeur of the kingdom which is mainly the highlight of every event situated in Thailand.
2. MARRIAGE PROCEDURES FOR FOREIGNERS:
Foreigners who are wishing to marry shall appear in person with their respective passports and arrival card at their Embassy in Thailand to complete declarations attesting that he/ she is single and free to marry in accordance with Thai Law and the registration shall be affected by a Thai Diplomatic or Consular Officer.
- Take the completed declaration to a reputable translation office to have the contents of the declaration translated into Thai.
- The documents together with translation and copies of passports have to be taken to the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department, where the Consular Official’s signature will be authenticated. This normally takes 3 The documents and translation are then ready for submission to the District Registrar who will register the marriage and issue the marriage certificate in Thai in accordance with and following the procedure led down in Thai Law.
Here are some of the steps that you need to remember in order for us to help you process your Marriage Registration in Thailand without a hassle:
STEP 1: FULFILL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Either of them should not be less than 17 years of age or should be in marriageable age in accordance to the law enforced from your home country. The Court may, in case of having appropriate reason, allow them to marry before attaining such age.
- Either of them should not be an insane person or adjudged incompetent.
- Both of them should not be in blood relations in the direct ascendant or descendant line, or brother or sister of full or half-blood i.e. should not be within the prohibited degrees of relationship.
- Both of them should not have the same adoptive parents.
- Either of them should not have a spouse at the time of marriage. If woman whose husband died or whose marriage has become terminated, the marriage can only take place after expiry of 310 days from such death or termination of marriage, but before such period if:
- A child has been born during such period;
- The divorced couple remarry;
- There is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner in medicine showing that the woman is not pregnant;
- There is an order of the Court allowing the woman to marry
STEP 2: PREPARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Requirements for the Thai Nationals:
- Identification Cards of both parties
- The House Registration Certificates of both parties
- Person filing has previously registered marriage – If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application
- Accompaniment by witnesses
Requirements for the Foreigners:
- A copy of their passport along with arrival card
- Affidavit regarding the marital status of the person from the respective embassy
- Translated copy of affidavits to Thai certified by an approved Foreign Ministry Translator
STEP 3: HAVE YOUR MARRIAGE REGISTERED
A marriage can take place on declaration made by both the parties intending to marry by giving consent to take each other as husband and wife publicly before the registrar in order to have it recorded by the Registrar. Giving consent to the marriage may be made by:
- Affixing the signature of the person giving consent in the Register at the time of registration of the marriage;
- A consent document stating the names of the parties to the marriage and signed by the person giving consent;
- Verbal declaration before at least two witnesses in case of necessity. The consent having been given cannot be revoked
3. What can Siam Attorney do for you?
Siam Attorney have decades of experience in Marriage Registration in Thailand matters and bring this wealth of expertise and knowledge to each and every case we take on.
We will also actively communicate with you to give you update and heads up about the situation of your application.
Our aim is to help you achieve the outcome you are looking for.
You should allow at least four working days in Bangkok prior to registering your marriage as you are required to have been a resident in Thailand for at least three days before you marry and you must allow time for the paperwork to be processed in Bangkok.
This also allows you to visit some of the wonderful attractions in Bangkok.
What are you waiting for? Contact us to assist you with your Marriage Registration and fulfill your dreams of a happy married life.
Muslim Marriage Registration in Thailand
Siam Attorney Law Office was established to provide the best quality style of Muslim Marriage Registration in Thailand.
A service that was designed to serve the local and international community through a personal approach as opposed to just publishing databases of people looking for their dream life partner.
At we provide you with a personal and professional customised service to meet your needs in order to Register Marriage with your perfect Muslim partner.
We are the base for international connections in order to find the right Muslim Marriage Registration.
Our Service included:
- Provide consultation in the right way.
- Prepare application and necessary document.
- Make an Appointment with the Islamic Center for the schedule to register marriage.
- Provide witnesses and interpreter for registering marriage.
- Accompany you from the hotel to Islamic Center until the process is done.
- Legalization Marriage Certificate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It is possible that foreigner and foreigner or foreigner and Thai to do the marriage registration in Thailand to become legally spouse.
Thailand is the beautiful place that welcome everyone to long stay and short stay with the low cost of living when compare with the other country.
You can follow the step as above to complete your marriage registration or you can contact our law firm to assist you all single step.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
FAQ: About Marriage Registration in Thailand
Answer: Yes, you can, it’s possible for foreigners to register marriage with their Thai Fiancé here in Thailand. It is a common practice here in the Kingdom.
Answer: It is up to you, if you want to protect your assets and liabilities and separate it from common property when you register marriage then you can make Prenuptial Agreement.
Answer: When you submit the Prenuptial Agreement with the District Office. You can read more detail about this from here: Prenuptial Agreement Thailand
Answer: Yes, as long as you can both provide Single Certificate from your embassy in Thailand.
Answer: Yes, but you must provide Divorce Order or Divorce Certificate and present it to your embassy once you apply for Single Certificate.
Answer: Yes, but you need to get the Single Certificate from your Embassy and do the Certified by Thai Embassy there.
Answer: Yes, but around 100THB only.
Answer: We have helped German, U.S. Citizens, British, Irish, Chinese, Singaporeans, Malaysians and many more
Answer: Yes and No. Yes, if your fiancé is THAI and if your fiancé is Foreigner, he or she must have valid Non-Immigrant Visa to support you for applying a Visa in Thailand. No, if you are both foreigners and none of you holds a valid Non-Immigrant Visa or Citizenship in Thailand. You can read more information from this: Thai Marriage Visa
Answer: We suggest you stay for at least 2 weeks to make sure that you complete all requirements and necessary steps to register marriage successfully.
Answer: No need, you can register marriage in Thailand using your Tourist Visa or Visa Exemption Stamp (Visa-On-Arrival) as long as it is valid for 15 days or more.
Answer: Yes, it is. You can also use this certificate to apply Spouse Visa to stay in your country as well.