UK Spouse Visa for Thai
Marriage is indeed a wonderful experience in life, it doesn’t just bound you to the love of your life, it also gives meaning to your life and gives you purpose to continue living your life to the fullest. A lot of British citizens found their spouses in Thailand, and it is necessary to bring their spouses to the UK as well. If you are a British Citizen or you are settled in the UK, meaning that you have obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain (commonly referred to as ILR and also known as Permanent Residence) then your Thai Spouse will require a UK Spouse Visa to join you in the UK.
Table of Contents:1) What is UK Spouse Visa?
1. What is UK Spouse Visa?
If you are a British Citizen and you want to bring your Thai Spouse to the UK this visa is the best option for you to maximize the duration of stay in the United Kingdom. Please note that you can only apply for the UK Spouse visa if:
- you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
- you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
- you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
2. Eligibility for UK Spouse Visa
In order to qualify for a Spouse Visa, you must be able to meet the following requirements and prove the following:
- you and your Thai spouse are both at least 18 years of age;
- free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
- in a genuine relationship
- visiting the UK for less than 6 months
- leaving the UK at the end of your visit
- able to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
- able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- you are married and the marriage is valid under UK law. If you are not married then you must have been living together in a relationship prior to marriage for at least 2 years; the marriage is and must be genuine and subsisting;
- you and your partner have met in person.
PLEASE NOTE: The Thai applicant must demonstrate that they have a minimum level of English language ability and this requirement can be bet by nationality, having a degree taught in English or an approved English language test.
3. Financial Requirement for the UK Spouse Visa
You are required to demonstrate that you meet a minimum level of income or available savings. If you are applying outside the UK then only the British Citizen’s income can be considered. If you are applying inside the UK then joint income can be considered. The minimum level of income is currently £18,600 per annum and this increase if you have children. Alternatively, or in addition to income, savings can be used to meet the requirement. If you cannot meet this requirement then you should not apply for a Spouse Visa.
The financial requirements can be quite complex, depending on your situation. Our Visa Consultants at Siam Attorney have extensive experience with these applications and will be able to ensure that your application has the best possible chance of approval.
4. Probation of Stay in the United Kingdom under the UK Spouse Visa
After 5 years in the UK with Spouse Visa status Thai spouse and their children should be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, (also known as ILR or Permanent Residence). Applicants who applied for a Spouse Visa prior to 8 April 2012 might qualify for Settlement after 2 years in the UK.
5. Scope and Limitation of the UK Spouse Visa
Scope of the Visa (You can do under the UK Spouse Visa):
- marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival – you must use a venue licensed for this purpose
- pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country)
Limitation of the Visa (You can’t do under the UK Spouse Visa):
- get public funds
- bring in family members (dependents) – they must apply
- live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
- extend your visa or switch to another visa
- work – except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas, such as attending meetings
- study for more than 30 days – studying can’t be the main reason for your visit
6. Validity of the UK Spouse Visa
You can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.
7. Required Documents for the Thai Spouse
When you apply for the visa, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or pay slips for the last 6 months
- proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live
- details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
You can also supply the following to support your application:
- details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs
- proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example a booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue
If you’ve been married before, you’ll need to show proof that you’re free to marry or enter into a civil partnership again:
- decree absolute
- death certificate of a previous partner
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
8. Siam Attorney is here to assist you with your Visa Application
The process may be overwhelming and tiring for some client that’s why it is best to seek visa assistance from trusted agencies. Siam Attorney’s Visa Assistance team is known for being resourceful and professional in terms of assisting clients with their visa application.
Siam Attorney will assist you with the following:
- Assessment on details of applicant before starting the service.
- Providing insight to the service that we will provide as well as our packages and charges for our services.
- We do understand that some of our Thai clients are not that familiar with the English language. So, we will handle all application processes including translation, filling of application, preparing the documents and interview practice (if the client is invited for an interview).
- Our staffs are well-verse in both English and Thai language, we make sure that we can assist you well without language barriers.
- 24/7 Accessibility to our team and detailed progress report about the services.
- Dealing with all the government office and Embassy in Thailand to represent our client.
- Briefing the clients with all the information they need from their Visa Applications as well as the do’s and don’ts and giving them significant details about their visas.
- Guaranteed positive output for the Visa Application.
We know how important this type of visa for our client is, that’s why we have a dedicated visa and immigration experts working hard to give the best result for U.K. Visa application. Our team assists our clients in every step of the Visa Application, we know how time consuming and complicated the process of U.K. Visas are that’s why we made sure that we have the best team available to assist our clients.
At Siam Attorney, we don’t just value your application, we make sure it will be approved because we want you to pursue your journey overseas. Siam Attorney is here to assist you, we are always on standby and ready to be of your service. Please contact us through our email email@example.com or call us from the numbers provided below.