UK Visitor Visa for Thai
The UK Visitor Visa for Thai Citizen can be issued for lengths of 6 months (the normal case), two years, five years, and ten years. Regardless of the length, the person must leave the UK such that they are never in the UK for longer than 6 months on any visit. They must also satisfy the Immigration Officer on each visit that they will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home.
Indeed, the United Kingdom boasts of scenic tourist destinations and majestic medieval sites. But it doesn’t just offer the mind-blowing and regal castles and buildings, it also offers an insight to the English Regime. For some Thai People, traveling to the U.K. is a dream come true, but the process of getting a visa is not that easy, that’s why a lot of Thai people choose to travel to other countries aside from the United Kingdom.
Breathe a sigh of relief because Siam Attorney is here to assist you and give you advice on how to get a U.K. Visa without hassle.
Table of Contents:1) What is Standard Visitor Visa? 2) What are the qualifications for the Standard Visitor Visa? 3) The Long-term Standard Visitor Visa. 4) Documents needed for the Standard Visitor Visa Application. 5) The use of the Standard Visitor Visa 6) Visiting the United Kingdom for Business Purposes 7) The Scope and Limitation of the Standard Visitor Visa 8) Duration of Stay in the UK with the Standard Visitor Visa 9) Siam Attorney is here to assist your Visa Application 10) How can we help me with UK Standard Visa Application?
1. What is Standard Visitor Visa?
A Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes allows applicants to travel to the UK for leisure, for business or for another reason such as to visit family and friends, take part in sports and creative events, receive private medical treatment or purely to visit the country for up to six (6) months.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:
- for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
- for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment
Normally the length is 6 months. They do not publish the exact criteria or required documents needed for the application and on how to qualify for the two, five, and ten-year visas but there’s a consensus that there are several basic requirements:
- the applicant can show a premise that warrants a long-term visa.
- the applicant’s personal circumstances are stable and likely to remain stable for the duration of the proposed length.
- the applicant can show a performance history or several documents that proves they are eligible for such visa they are applying to.
2. What are the qualifications for the Standard Visitor Visa?
To qualify under a Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes, there are basic requirements which must be met. In addition, applicant must meet various other conditions based on the purpose of the visit to the UK. Applicants must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months at a time, show that they will be able to financially support themselves, and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not take up any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
3. The Long-term Standard Visitor Visa
If you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
If you’re applying for a long-term Standard Visitor visa
You must prove that:
- you’ll only ever need to come to the UK to visit, for example to go on holiday, see family or attend a meeting
- you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit
- You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not do this. You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.
4. Documents needed for the Standard Visitor Visa Application:
When you apply, you’ll need to provide a current passport or other valid travel identification. You need a blank page in your passport for your visa. Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK. You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
There are no specific documents that is required except the generally required travel necessity such as the following:
- Old Passport (if any)
- Ten (10) passport size (45mm x 35mm) photos
- Application form
- Supporting Documents
- Other information you’ll need to provide:
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth
- how much you earn in a year
You might also need:
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you have committed (if any)
5. The use of the Standard Visitor Visa
The Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the following type of visas:
- family visitor visa
- general visitor visa
- child visitor visa
- business visitor visa
- sports visitor visa
- entertainer visitor visa
- prospective entrepreneur visa
- private medical treatment visitor visa
6. Visiting the United Kingdom for Business Purposes
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, for example:
- you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training
- you want to take part in a specific sports-related event
- you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform
- are an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad program.
- you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post
- you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK
7. The Scope and Limitation of the Standard Visitor Visa
Scope (what you can do):
- take part in any of the business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit
- take part in an exchange program or educational visit (if you’re under 18)
- convert your civil partnership into a marriage
- pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country)
Limitation (what you cannot do):
- do paid or unpaid work
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- get public funds
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
8. Duration of Stay in the UK with the Standard Visitor Visa
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months but you might be able to stay for longer if:
- If you are coming to the UK for private medical treatment – up to 11 months.
- If you are coming to the UK for research – you, your spouse or civil partner may be able to stay for up to 12 months.
9. Siam Attorney is here to assist you with your Visa Application
The process has a lot of obstacles and is quite tiring that’s why it is best to seek visa assistance from trusted agencies. Siam Attorney’s Visa Assistance is known for being resourceful and professional in terms of assisting clients with their visa application.
We know how important this type of visa for our client is, that’s why we have a dedicated visa and immigration experts working hard to give the best result for U.K. Visa application. Our team assists our clients in every step of the Visa Application, we know how time consuming and complicated the process of U.K. Visas are that’s why we made sure that we have the best team available to assist our clients.
10. How can Siam Attorney help me with my UK Standard Visa Application?
Siam Attorney will assist you with the following:
- Assessment on details of applicant before starting the service.
- Providing insight to the service that we will provide as well as our packages and charges for our services.
- We do understand that some of our Thai clients are not that familiar with the English language. So, we will handle all application processes including translation, filling of application, preparing the documents and interview practice (if the client is invited for an interview).
- Our staffs are well-verse in both English and Thai language, we make sure that we can assist you well without language barriers.
- 24/7 Accessibility to our team and detailed progress report about the services.
- Dealing with all the government office and Embassy in Thailand to represent our client.
- Briefing the clients with all the information they need from their Visa Applications as well as the do’s and don’ts and giving them significant details about their visas.
- Guaranteed positive output for the Visa Application.
Siam Attorney will do the process for your U.K. Visa Application, for inquiries and more details about how we can help you, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us on the number(s) provided below