1. The US Tourist Visa Thailand.
US Tourist Visa Thailand is a type of visa used by Thai Citizens in order to travel to Thailand.
This type of visa is divided into two categories.
The B-1 which is for Business Purposes. and
B-2 for Tourism Purposes.
This type of visa to the US is quite famous for Thai Citizens as they use this to travel to America and to experience a different culture.
Usually the process for getting a US Tourist Visa is straightforward and direct but you will still need to seek assistance to avoid hassle and tedious process.
Usually, the applicant will be granted a US Tourist Visa for 10 years depending on the qualification and also consideration of the immigration officers.
The type of visa that is usually given is the B-1/B-2 US visa which is valid for 10 years and can stay for up to 6 months every visit.
This is a great visa especially for those who seek leisure and those who also have business in the US.
If the purpose of the planned travel is business related, for example, to consult with business associates, attend a scientific, educational, professional or business conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract, then a business visitor visa (B-1) would be the appropriate type of visa for the travel.
And if the purpose of the planned travel is recreational in nature, including tourism, visiting friends or relatives, rest, or is related to medical treatment, activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature, or participation by amateurs who will receive no remuneration in musical, sports and similar events or contests, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the appropriate type of visa for the travel.
The B-2 visitor visa allows an individual to enter the U.S. for a short period of time for pleasure.
Specifically for activities of a recreational character, including tourism, amusement, visits with friends or relatives, rest, activities of a fraternal, social or service nature.
A B-2 visitor must maintain a foreign residence abroad to which the individual intends to return at the end of the authorized period of stay in the U.S.
A B-2 visitor is not authorized to be employed or perform productive employment in the U.S.
2. What is the US Tourist Visa Thailand?
According to the U.S. Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa.
Either a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay, or
an immigrant visa for permanent residence.
Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily under the following Visa:
- for business (visa category B-1)
- for tourism (visa category B-2)
- for a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2)
3. Eligibility of the US Tourist Visa Thailand.
The US Embassy and Consulate in Thailand are quite strict with implementing the eligibility to travel to the U.S for the purpose of tourism.
According to one of our professional visa consultants,
With this, here are the eligibility for applying US Tourist Visa Thailand for Thai people
- He or she has adequate finances to cover the cost of the trip to the U.S. and the planned. activities.
- He or she has specific and realistic plans for the entire duration of the visit.
- The period of time projected for the visit is consistent with the purpose of the trip.
- He or she has permanent employment, meaningful business and financial connections, close family ties or close social associations.
4. What you cannot do in the US.
Having been granted with the US Tourist Visa Thailand, you must then adhere to all the Immigration rules and regulations set by the jurisdiction of the Immigration of the United States of America.
This means that you must comply to all set rules.
Your visa will clearly specify what you can do and cannot do while using this type of visa.
For a B-1 business visitor or business purposes visa, visa holders are not authorized to perform productive employment in the U.S.
A B-1 business visitor must maintain a foreign residence abroad to which the B-1 visitor intends to return at the end of the authorized period of stay.
B-1 status may not be used as a means to accelerate a candidate’s eligibility to enter the U.S. to engage in gainful employment.
The B-1 business visitor will generally remain on the foreign employer’s payroll in the home country and cannot receive compensation from a U.S. source, other than for reimbursement of incidental expenses.
A B-1 visa application may be made directly at a U.S. consulate or embassy.
A US Tourist Visa Thailand may be admitted to the U.S. for not more than one year.
In practice, a US Tourist Visa or B2 Visa will usually be admitted for an initial period of up to six months.
Or for a period of time sufficient to cover the planned pleasure activities, whichever is less.
He or she may be granted extensions in increments of not more than six months at a time (certain dependents of nonimmigrant visa holders may receive extensions for up to one year).
Prolonged pleasure visits, however, may give rise to a presumption that the visitor is engaged in prohibited productive employment and/or has immigrant intent.
6. Extension of US Tourist Visa Thailand.
Extending the duration of stay in the US is possible, although once admitted to the U.S.,
A B-1 business visitor may apply to extend the period of authorized stay for up to six months if there is a business need or other justification for requesting an extension.
For the B-2 tourist visa, it is quite to have it extended as for tourism purposes the Immigration does not usually allow you to stay longer than 6 months in the US continually.’
An application for an extension of status is filed from within the U.S. with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Prolonged business visits, however, may give rise to a presumption that the visitor is engaged in prohibited productive employment in the U.S.
7. Required Documents for US Tourist Visa Thailand Application.
The usual documents that you will need for applying US Tourist Visa Thailand or US B-1/B-2 Visa for Thai Citizen are the following:
- Passport (Valid for more than 6 months or more)
- Financial Statements and Documents (Record for the past 6 months)
- Visa photo (2 copies)
- Asset Documents (if applicable)
- Civil Documents
- Name and Surname Change Document (if applicable)
- Thai I.D Card
- House Registration Certificate or Tabien Baan
If the Applicant have Sponsor
Here are the following documents required from the Sponsor:
- Passport copy with sponsor’s signature
- Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where the sponsor has deposits, identifying the following details regarding sponsor’s account:
- Date account opened;
- Total amount deposited for the past year;
- Present balance. (online statement is acceptable; bank statement for the past 6 months.)
- Statement of sponsor’s employer on business stationery revealing:
- Date and nature of employment;
- Salary paid;
- Whether the position is temporary or permanent.
Additional Documentation May Be Required for the Application
- The purpose of your trip,
- Your intent to depart the United States after your trip, and/or
- Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.
- Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all costs for your trip.
NOTE: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant’s residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends.
A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa.
If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.
8. Issues and Problems.
Going to the US is not that easy like riding a BTS TRAIN or MRT TRAIN going to where you want to go, or booking a GRAB car or UBER.
It is also not easy as booking a plane ticket and flying to US, you must first have approval or clearance to go and visit the U.S.
Here is the rate of refusal the US Tourist Visa for Thai.
The first thing you need to do if you want to visit U.S is to secure your own visa, depending on your purpose of visit, there are a lot of types of visas to U.S but the most common for Thai people is the US TOURIST VISA Thailand.
It seems easy to apply for a US Tourist Visa but there’s a lot of underlying issues that people face when they apply for this type of visa.
The most common issue that people face is when they get their visa application denied.
A lot of Thai citizen faces this problem of getting their visa application denied because of various reasons.
Our firm has faced a lot of issues and problems as well while handling clients who are applying for tourist visa.
But we always prepare counter measures in order to avoid getting the visa application denied.
We have gathered information on the common issues Thai applicants face when applying for US Tourist Visa and based on our experience, here are some advice we give before considering to apply for US Tourist Visa Thailand:
- Cooperate well with your visa consultant and discuss thoroughly as your visa consultant will be in charge of your application and he or she must be able to defend you in case you will be questioned by the Immigration Officer.
- Make sure that you answer all the visa consultant’s question truthfully and honestly as the visa application may be very technical and it’s up to the visa consultant to find solutions for you in case you experience problems.
- When it comes to providing documents, make sure you provide your visa consultant authentic documents to avoid your visa application getting rejected and to avoid getting persecuted by the Immigration Officer for providing Forged document.
The process of US Tourist Visa Thailand is very complicated and tiring that’s why it is best to seek visa assistance from trusted agencies.
Siam Attorney’s Visa Assistance is known for being resourceful and professional in terms of assisting clients with their visa application. Siam Attorney will assist you with the following:
- Assessment on details of applicant before starting the service.
- Providing insight to the service that we will provide as well as our packages and charges for our services.
- We do understand that some of our Thai clients are not that familiar with the English language. So, we will handle all application processes including translation, filling of application, preparing the documents and interview practice (if the client is invited for an interview).
- Our staffs are well-verse in both English and Thai language, we make sure that we can assist you well without language barriers.
- 24/7 Accessibility to our team and detailed progress report about the services.
- Dealing with all the government office and Embassy in Thailand to represent our client.
- Briefing the clients with all the information they need from their Visa Applications as well as the do’s and don’ts and giving them significant details about their visas.
- Guaranteed positive output for the Visa Application.
We know how important this type of visa for our client is,
That’s why we have a dedicated visa and immigration experts working hard to give the best result for U.S. Visa application.
Our team assists our clients in every step of the Visa Application.
We know how time consuming and complicated the process of U.S. Visas are that’s why we made sure that we have the best team available to assist our clients.
Siam Attorney will do the process for your U.S. Visa Application, for inquiries and more details about how we can help you, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or add us via Line ID: siam.attorney