Schengen Visa from Thailand
Europe is an amazing continent, with marvelous views, amazing and vast culture as well as sophisticated tourist sites. European countries are the most sought-after tourist destination not just in Thailand but the whole of Asia as well and the United States and Canada too. Majority of the Thai citizen who are capable of traveling and leisure chose to travel to European Countries not just because of sociopolitical standing but also for tourism purposes. So, they need Schengen Visa from Thailand. It never been easy to travel to the European continent as the European Union created an agreement to have officially abolished passport and all other types of border control at their mutual borders known as the Schengen Agreement of 1985.
Table of Contents:1) What is the Schengen Visa? 2) Validity of the Schengen Visa 3) How can I apply for a Schengen Visa? 4) Documents required for the Schengen Visa application 5) Countries that are included on the Schengen Visa 6) Siam Attorney is here to assist you
1. What is the Schengen Visa from Thailand?
The Schengen Visa allows someone to travel to the Schengen Countries and four non-EU states namely Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The Schengen Area mostly functions as a single jurisdiction for international travel purposes, with a common visa policy.
The Schengen visa permits its holder to pass freely through any of the Schengen Member States on a short-term basis. “C” category stands for a Short-term Schengen visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Area for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity.
2. Validity of the Schengen Visa from Thailand
This is a visa issued by a Schengen Area member country for transit or stay in part of or all Schengen space. It is not to exceed 90 days over any period of 180 consecutive days. The visa inserted in the relevant travel document bears the name of the territories in which the holder is entitled to stay. A Schengen visa is only applicable for the purposes of tourism, study or business. If you are planning to stay any longer than three months then you must apply for a more specific type of visa to the country you are looking forward to stay longer.
Restrictions: This type of visa obtained allows you to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior. The holder of this type of visa cannot enter or transit through any other Schengen country that is not the first and final destination target.
You must file your application for the Schengen Visa on the consulate/embassy of the country where you intend to stay for the most part of your trip, or where you will make your first point of entry, in case you are planning to visit several Schengen states without having a main destination.
The visa may be valid for one or more entries.
3. How can I apply for a Schengen Visa?
The visa must be requested at the Embassy of the Schengen country where the applicant will spend more time during the trip, or of the main destination. Should you apply at a different Embassy or travel to a country different from the one that issued the visa, you may be prevented from boarding or entering the Schengen area.
Please take note of the following:
- If you are going to visit only one Schengen country, file your application at the embassy / consulate / visa center of that country.
- If you are going to visit more than two Schengen countries, file your application:
- At the embassy / consulate / visa center of the country where you will spend most days, if you will be spending unequal amount of days in each.
- At the embassy / consulate / visa center of the country where you will step first, if you will be spending an equal amount of days in each.
4. Documents required for the Schengen Visa application
- Schengen Visa application form from the Embassy of a Schengen Country with your personal details
Please click the link to see the application form (application form).
- At least four (4) photo with white background, not taken more than 6 months ago.
- Provide a copy of your passport along with the original version (your passport must have at least 2 blank pages, if not, you must obtain a new passport)
- Proof of a stable financial background in the form of bank statements, property certificates, and other related documents. (please note that the means of subsistence or financial capability/sufficiency required for the visa application differs from each country).
- Proof of travel arrangements and accommodations are also required, along with hotel booking receipts, airline tickets and itineraries.
- Health and Travel Insurance. The insurance must cover at least 30 000 Euro or 1 500 000 Million Baht and include costs for medical treatment, hospitalization and repatriation due to injury or medical reasons. The insurance must be valid in all Schengen states and cover the total length of the visit. To know more about the Health and Travel Insurance requirement of Schengen Visa please refer to the link:
- If you are currently employed, it will also be best to present a certification or the No Objection Letter from your employer verifying your occupation, along with presenting your most recent income statements.
- Present an invitation letter (along with its translation) if there is a person/ organization hosting you during the trip, which will be certified by the Foreign Ministry of the country where you have filed your application for the Schengen Visa.
Schengen Visa Requirements According to Applicant’s Employment Status
Specific required documents, based on visa applicant’s employment status are as following:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
- Proof of enrollment.
- No objection letter from School or University.
- For retirees:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months.
If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
- Confirmation of Employment letter, no older than three months, from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the company as well as the starting date.
- Spouse’s valid passport.
- An official marriage certificates.
5. Countries that are included on the Schengen Visa
The 26 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
6. Siam Attorney is here to assist you with your Schengen Visa Application
We know how comprehensive the Schengen Visa application process is, it may be confusing for some clients that’s why here at Siam Attorney we have a dedicated team of professional and passionate specialist of Schengen Visa application. We take care of our clients and we value every single application that we handle.
The process may be overwhelming and tiring for some client that’s why it is best to seek visa assistance from trusted agencies. Siam Attorney’s Visa Assistance team is known for being resourceful and professional in terms of assisting clients with their visa application.
Siam Attorney will assist you with the following:
- Assessment on details of applicant before starting the service.
- Providing insight to the service that we will provide as well as our packages and charges for our services.
- We do understand that some of our Thai clients are not that familiar with the English language. So, we will handle all application processes including translation, filling of application, preparing the documents and interview practice (if the client is invited for an interview).
- Our staffs are well-verse in both English and Thai language, we make sure that we can assist you well without language barriers.
- 24/7 Accessibility to our team and detailed progress report about the services.
- Dealing with all the government office and Embassy in Thailand to represent our client.
- Briefing the clients with all the information they need from their Visa Applications as well as the do’s and don’ts and giving them significant details about their visas.
- Guaranteed positive output for the Visa Application.
We know how important this type of visa for our client is, that’s why we have a dedicated visa and immigration experts working hard to give the best result for Schengen Visa application. Our team assists our clients in every step of the Visa Application, we know how time consuming and complicated the process of Schengen Visas are that’s why we made sure that we have the best team available to assist our clients.
Siam Attorney will do the process for your Schengen Visa Application, for inquiries and more details about how we can help you, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the number(s) provided below.