TM30 Thailand

TM30 Thailand

Around mid-year of 2019, the Thai Immigration Office became strict about Residence Notification of the foreigners or what we call TM30 Thailand reporting.

This is because of the increasing numbers of expatriates avoiding Immigration rules and regulations which caused the Thai Immigration Office a lot of problems with recording and tracking the expatriates in Thailand.

One of the clear reasons why the Thai Immigration imposed the TM30 Reporting strictly is to make sure that the foreigners who are currently living in Thailand will abide by the rules and regulations of the Immigration and it will briefly help the Thai Immigration in improving their system as they will be able to track down and monitor expatriates here in Thailand.

TM30 is not just about knowing where the foreigner is currently living, it is also to make sure that there is a record on where was the foreigner’s last residence, this is to protect them and to make sure that that they will be under the radar of the Thai Immigration for protection.

And for the benefit of each foreigner, there may be some instances where bad things or criminals or accidents may happen, such instances where the foreigner were killed, lost or cannot find them, the government can check back where were last recorded for residence.

The things abovementioned are just few reasons why the TM30 is strictly imposed nowadays.

Foreigners should always see the silver lining on why the Thai Immigration is imposing this towards the expatriate community.

Please also note that the TM30 Thailand reporting is a separate duty as the 90 days reporting.

Table of Content

1. What is the TM30 Thailand?
2. The Requirement for doing the TM30 Thailand?
3. What is the effect if you are not complete TM30 Thailand?
4. Conclusion

If you don’t need to loose your time, you can contact us to do the TM.30 on your behalf

1. What is the TM30 Thailand?

The TM30 Thailand is the form that the owner, landlord or hotels submit to the immigration that allows you to stay, they then must fill up and provide with supporting document then report to the Immigration Office that you are living in their place.

Here’s how the form look like.

TM30 Thailand form

The person who allowed you to stay with them must report it within 24 hours.

This duty is in compliance with the Immigration Law under Section 38.

Section 38. The householder, the owner or the possessor of a dwelling place or a hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien with permission to temporarily stay in the Kingdom, shall notify the competent official at the immigration office located in the locality in which the house, dwelling place, or hotel is located within twenty-four hours from the time the alien has taken residence. If there is no immigration office located in that locality, the police officer at a police station of that locality jurisdiction shall be notified.
In a case where the house, dwelling place, or hotel where the alien is staying under paragraph one is located in Bangkok Metropolis locality, such notification shall be made to the competent official at the Immigration Division.”

2. The Requirements for doing the TM30 Thailand?

Document from the foreigner side and from the landlord side should be provided for the reporting.

As a foreigner staying in Thailand, you should prepare the following for TM30 Thailand:

(a) a copy of your passport (photo page)

(b) a copy of the visa page in your passport and

(c) a copy of the departure card TM.06 (or write down the number on the copy of your passport)

As the landlord, you should prepare the following for TM.30 receipt:

(a) a copy of the title deed of the property or Tabien Baan (signed copy)

(b) a copy of the rental contract

(c) a copy of Thai National ID (signed copy)

Then the landlord or the person who is authorized by the landlord must notify to the Immigration Office within 24 hours upon you arrived of the foreigner at their place.

Here how 30 TM Thailand receipt like:

3. What is the effect if you are did not complete TM30 Thailand?

The TM30 Thailand or Residence Notification is a very important document that all foreigners must have while staying in the country. 

Notifying the Immigration is the landlord or landlady’s responsibility if there is any foreigner staying on his or her property within 24 hours that the foreigner arrived.

If the landlord or landlady failed to notify the immigration about the foreigners, he or she will have to be fined for 800 baht per foreigner staying on the property, remember that it is not the obligation of the foreigner to pay the penalty.

If the landlord or hotel or any accommodation failed to notify the Immigration there will be a penalty in accordance to Immigration Act B.E 2522 (1979)

Section 77. Whoever fails to comply with the provisions of Section 38, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand baht. If the person is a hotel manager, the punishment shall be by a fine from two thousand baht to ten thousand baht.”

The TM30 Thailand is required under Thai Immigration Law, and it will cause more problems if buildings are inspected, which is happening very frequently now. They are now asking for your TM30 when you report to immigration for your 90-day report, which obviously only applies to long stay visitors.

Moreover, if the landlord failed to Notify your residence, you cannot apply or renew your visa in Thailand.


We understand that the TM30 Thailand makes expatriates or foreigner’s living in Thailand life more complicated, but you need to follow it as you are in Thailand’s territory.

This duty is created for the Landlord or processor, but it may affect you if the landlord ignores or does not cooperated to do this for you.

The TM30 Thailand is a separate piece of paper which you should keep with your passport and departure card. Remember that foreigners should carry their passport at all times according to Thai Immigration Law.

Don’t have the luxury of time to process the TM30 Thailand? Avoiding the long queue at the Immigration Office? Don’t want to get stuck in traffic? Then let us help you! Our law firm now offers TM30 Thailand Assistance Service.

We will do the TM30 Thailand Residence Notification for you.
Contact us now for more information!

49 thoughts on “TM30 Thailand

  1. Marcelino Walz says:

    Can I simply say what a comfort to find a person that truly knows what they are discussing on the net. You actually understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people need to look at this and understand this side of the story. It’s surprising you aren’t more popular because you certainly have the gift.

  2. Cortez Leneau says:

    Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips for newbie blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

  3. Monte Rodrigues says:

    I do not usually share any ways of making side money, but now will do an exemption. Have a look on this affiliate program: . I started around 6 weeks back and I’m already doing whooping $3000 each month – everything by commenting on blogs with my link. Ridiculously easy income that can be done basically in your bedroom. Test it out and let me know here, so others can see this is genuine program. Regards.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Open chat
Hello 👋
Can we help you?